Thomas Jefferson Partnership for Economic Development
Improved content management.
The TJPED website hadn't been updated in years, and much of the information was out of date. The website didn't effectively communicate the quality of life aspects of the region. The Partnership also was expanding its services by bringing the workforce development center and small business assistance teams in-house.
An updated, inviting homepage design was presented to orient each of three core audiences, and to show location and lifestyle aspects of the region. The new website is visually-rich and interactive. The homepage features a slideshow of business, cultural and outdoor photographs that can be easily changed by Partnership staff. An interactive map was developed for the homepage that gives the visitor more information about the counties that make up the Thomas Jefferson Partnership region. The map is fully-maintainable from the content management system.
A custom report builder was developed to allow TJPED staff to upload documents for each locality, and the public-facing report builder serves as a data hub for site locators. A custom report can be configured and downloaded in PDF format. In the content management system, TJPED staff can prepare a customized report for any county in the region.
The Partnership's non-technical staff can now update almost all aspects of the website in-house using the secure, web-based content management system we installed and customized. The Partnership now updates data as it changes and adds news to the website, ensuring website content is as up-to-date as possible.
Small business support staff can publish upcoming seminars and accept payment and registration for events, enabling them to more effectively manage seminar registrations.
The website also received an Honorable Mention for Excellence in Economic Development Award at the 2011 IEDC Annual Conference.
Visit the website › Contact us about your website ›
“Rick’s greatest strength is his ability to listen to what a client tells him they need and translate that into a working website. He was able to achieve that with maybe 3 hours of Q&A with us.
We’ve had lots of positive feedback on the site from everyone. Any modifications that we’ve made we’ve done ourselves, thanks to the backend content management system RWC set up for us. We’re running announcements and booking seminars off the site now, our local partners are using the site for data downloads and prospect proposals, and the general public now sees it as THE source for regional economic data.
Rick Whittington Consulting is very customer service oriented – pleasant, understanding, and fast.”
– Michael Harvey, President
- Virginia’s Gateway Region Southeastern Virginia
- Bedford County Economic Development Bedford, Virginia
- Greater Richmond Partnership Richmond, Virginia Our second website redesign for Greater Richmond Partnership, featuring responsive design for mobile and enhanced economic development data.
- Rockingham County Virginia Economic Development Rockingham County, Virginia
- Goochland County, Virginia Economic Development Goochland County, Virginia
- Greene County Tennessee Tourism Greeneville, Tennessee
- Innovation Village at Rockingham Website Rockingham County, Virginia
- Hanover County Economic Development Hanover County, Virginia The new website tempers data and facts with compelling copy and visual elements that add a human touch and give a distinct, local flavor.
- Stafford County, Virginia Tourism Stafford County, Virginia
- Stafford County Economic Development Stafford County, Virginia Features a data center and a real estate search that pulls from Virginia's ED real estate database and integrates county GIS parcel information.
- Greene County Partnership Economic Development Greeneville, TN
- Louisa County, Virginia Economic Development Louisa County, Virginia With GIS mapping, detailed information on featured sites and a mobile-enabled website, Louisa County Virginia is poised to attract economic development prospects.
- Richmond World View Richmond, Virginia
- Mid-Atlantic Advanced Manufacturing Center Greensville County, Virginia
- Richmond JobNet Richmond, Virginia
- Business First Richmond, Virginia
- Henrico County Economic Development Authority Henrico, Virginia Henrico County Economic Development Authority now has a user-friendly platform to publish news and business interest stories and keeping datapoints up-to-date.